I’m always looking for simple quick recipes that I can use hiking/camping that are quick and easy. Snagged this recipe from allrecipes.com.
Snagged this recipe from allrecipes.com.
The below Ingredients are for one serving but on the site you will find the default is for four servings.
I first tried this recipe at home and I liked it. It was quick and easy.
I changed a couple of things:
1. I don’t like cucumbers so they were out!
2. I left a little bit of water that I used to cook the noodles to soften up the peanut butter.
3. I was too lazy to mince the garlic, so I used garlic powder instead.
Since I liked it I loaded into MyFitnessPal. Once it loaded all the ingredients it showed that it is 629 calories per serving. Which sounds perfect for a day hike.
The next day hike II prepared the ingredients (other than the noodles) into a zip bag and cooked up noodles on the trail using my MSR Pocket Rocket
· 1/3 cup peanut butter
· 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
· 3 tablespoons vinegar
· 2 tablespoons soy sauce
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1 teaspoon white sugar
· 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
· 1 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodle soup (seasoning packets reserved for another use)
· 1/2 small cucumber, peeled and cut into matchsticks
· 1 green onion, thinly sliced
· 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
· 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
1. Stir peanut butter, vegetable oil, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl until smooth.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook ramen noodles in boiling water until tender yet firm to the bit, about 3 minutes; drain and transfer noodles to a bowl. Pour peanut butter sauce over the noodles and toss to coat. Stir cucumber and gree#sn onion into the noodle mixture; garnish with cilantro and peanuts.