Loaded this into my GPS from Google Maps. I don’t have the North American map for my Garmin (forgot to save it after loading my Canadian map) See below how I loaded the route with the world map.
From Google Maps to GPX to Garmin.
- set map route using Google maps.
- copy URL to clipboard or notepad.
- Surf to GPS Visualizer
- Select the link on the right called: “Convert to GPX”.
- Paste the Google Maps URL into the web form field called: “Or provide the URL of a file on the Web:”.
- Select the “Convert” button.
- Save the GPX file to your machine.
- Fire up BaseCamp (garmin’s) computer software or the software for your model. My GPS is a 2009 model so Garmin Express doesn’t recognize it.
- Once the GPS is connected and recognized by the software, import the file.